FTP On The Go is an FTP client for the iPhone and iPod touch
FTP On The Go PRO is an FTP client for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
What FTP On The Go PRO can do:
- Top Features
- Optimized for iPad, but also runs perfectly on an iPhone or iPod touch.
- View many files at once in the tabbed viewer. This lets you easily copy between files, compare, etc.
- Switch between browsing and full-screen viewing or editing with just a tap.
- Quick-scrollers let you scroll through files or folders super fast.
- Plus Everything Below
What FTP On The Go can do:
- Top Features
- Download, Edit, and Upload web pages or any other text files on your FTP servers.
- Easily browse folders on your FTP servers (FTP, FTPS, & SFTP).
- Built in text editor with Search & Replace makes it quick to edit web pages or other files.
- Save files on your iPhone to view or edit later.
- Bookmark your important servers.
- Built in FTP Server and Web Server allow viewing and adding files to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.*
- Browse files on your iPhone from any computer with a web browser.
- Get even more control to add files, delete files, etc. by using an FTP client to connect to your iPhone. (Like another copy of FTP On The Go; or with Windows using GetRight's built in browser; or any other FTP client.)
- Use iCloud to share files between your devices.
- Smart Replace (see below) will not break your existing files if a phone call or lost connection interrupts the upload!
- Images from your iPhone camera or iPhone photo library can not only be uploaded to the server, but can be resized as you upload. Make them exactly the size you need.
- No "server disconnected" messages like you often see in PC FTP programs; FTP On The Go just reconnects if needed.
- SFTP and FTPS are both available
- A Master Password for the whole FTP On The Go program protects your valuable server information if your iPhone is lost or stolen
- Even set so passwords aren't saved at all. You will need to enter them each time FTP On The Go is started, but for those that want that extra peace-of-mind, the passwords are never stored.
- Create, edit, rename, move and delete files and folders on your FTP server.
- Change file permissions on the server (CHMOD).
- Download and Upload whole folders with just a tap.
- You can even send "Raw" FTP commands--any arbitrary command you need.
(For instance sending: "
SITE chmod 755 *.php" could make your life easier.)
- Includes support for "Mode Z" which does compression on-the-fly. Really good for 3G and especially Edge connections. (In testing, some directory listings were compressed nearly 90%!)
- What will you use it for???
- We're curious how people will use the Web/FTP Servers: No Internet, but have a Cell signal?
- 1) Upload any file from your laptop to FTP On The Go on your iPhone (using an AdHoc WiFi network).
- 2) Upload the file from your iPhone to wherever it needs to be using the 3G or Edge cellular connection.
* For sharing with the FTP and Web servers, all computers and iPhones will need to be on the same WiFi wireless network.
What is Smart Replace
In a nutshell, your files will always just be available, even when you're in the middle of uploading a new one. Even if the connection is lost in the middle of the transfer (a realistic possibility if you're riding in a car while editing your website, plus, it's a phone, people surely will call you while you're working!)
Like us, your website files are very important, where you always want to have them available no matter what. What if your connection is broken in the middle of the upload? You never want your users to see a corrupted or partial page.
Smart Replace is here to help. FTP On The Go will upload the file to a temporary name, then when the file is completely uploaded, it does some quick renaming so the old file is swapped with the new upload. The swapping means the file is replaced only after it's uploaded successfully.
Your users will never know the difference when viewing your website. You will never know the difference when uploading. Your files will always just be available, even when you're in the middle of uploading, and even if a phone call or other message interrupts things!